Finally here is my latest drawing. I wanted to have it done before I went to the CPSA convention from July 28th through August 1st in San Jose, CA, but it just didn’t work out timing-wise. This drawing is about the same size as the other pieces in this series (a. 15 x 21 inches and done on Rtistx board), but it’s exploring some slightly different aspects of the stones in water, glass reflections, and color distortions, with less clear boundries. I find it challenging not to tighten up all of the edges of transitions, and had to force myself to put the drawing at arm’s length and study it more than I usually do.
I’m starting a new drawing of a bird in a winter setting – a dark-eyed junco perched on a crusty snow-covered tree stump. I’m in the mood for a change at the moment, and haven’t done a bird drawing in over a year. It’s amusing to think of drawing a winter scene as we are in the midst of one of the most beautiful, hot and dry summers that New England has seen in recent years.
It’s been a busy summer with lots of travel and several exhibitions including my artwork. Although my pieces were not juried into the 18th International CPSA Exhibition, I have had work in the following shows and magazines these past few months:
- Academic Artists Association’s 60th National Juried Exhibition, April-May 2010, recipient of the Windsor Newton Award for Graphics
- Connecticut Academy of Fine Art’s 99th Annual Juried Exhibition, May-July 2010
- Academic Artists Association’s Annual Members Exhibition, July 2010, recipient of the Art Patron Award
- Attleboro Arts Museum’s “Seeing Double”, a National Juried Exhibtion, July-August 2010
- The Artists Magazine, July/August 2010 issue, “The Artist’s Life” Column, Award Winners of the 2010 On-line Media Competition, first place in Graphics for “Amber Bowl”
and these upcoming exhibitions:
- Academic Artists Association’s 60th Anniversary Invitational Exhibition, September-October 2010
- Catharine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club, Inc. 114th Annual Juried Exhibition, October 2010
Thanks for following my blog! – Debbi